So here are a few things I have come to realize since becoming pregnant….
At 22 weeks now I have learned
1. Never underestimate the power of a good nap
– A good nap can mean the difference between pleasant and becoming a crazy howler monkey when you are pregnant. Never pass up the chance to take one. Even if it is a short cat nap. It doesn’t matter what trimester you are in growing a tiny human is super hard work. So for everyone who is not pregnant please remember that and thank your mom as well as be super extra nice to that pregnant lady and probably her husband too…. cause trust me he is suffering (more on that later)
2. Hormones be cray cray
– One minute you will be fine the next bam you have undergone a complete and total personality make over. This can be crying, happy, sad, or my husband’s personal favorite crazy psycho B*%&h. It doesn’t matter what it is, it can set you off. I no longer watch Animal Planet or The Discovery Channel, because I cry every stinking time.
3. Rational thoughts and actions become a thing of the past.
– See above post this links with all those cray cray hormones.
4. If you eat my food I bought just for me out of the fridge, pantry, etc. I will cry and then will CUT you
– See above post for explanation and proceed to #1 for a cure
5. Your body is no longer your own
– I woke up one day and BAM my boobs are huge. Then another day they have changed color. My belly is massive. I can’t see my toes. I hate foods I have always loved and vice versa. This can really aggravate those mood swings and hormones.
6. My husband is totally suffering too
– Although I don’t realize I am doing it all the time, I know I am driving my husband CRAZY! I mean really he has got to have the patience of Job to put up with me most of the time. So remember that and next time you see one of those men “behind the belly” be extra nice to him, buy him a beer, or dinner, etc. Chances are he needs it 🙂
7. That being said…. Guys just don’t get it
– As my Hubby said recently “I know it’s an inconvenience and all but being pregnant can’t really be all that hard.” After he picked up most of his teeth and removed his balls from his abdomen (just kidding) I politely explained to him that… I have been inhabited by a cute lil alien that has taken over my body and it is no longer my own, My back hurts, my boobs hurt and leak now oh yay! I can’t see my toes. I have to pee all the time, seriously I know where every bathroom is. I am swollen and bloated. I have gas that would make a teenage boy blush. My lady parts have betrayed me. Thank God the nausea is finally gone. I have a fire poker down my throat daily. Oh and don’t forget that my beautiful brilliant brain I have always been so proud of is now MUSH!!! I do good to remember my name. I don’t know how I make it through work every day. To which he replies “But you get to feel Him move all the time, I will never fell that.” Yes that is AMAZING and makes all the other worthwhile, but even that carries it’s own set of problems….
8. Baby movements, cute and cuddly and sweet until….
– Oh how I waited to feel my sweet AJ move. His 1st movements were tiny flutters, progressing to occasional jabs, now to constant pokes, and rolls all day. I love it. That being said sometimes it ain’t so sweet. Like when I am trying to be stern or firm with some and he starts his little wiggle dance, I can’t help but smile. His movements can be distracting and when you already have mush brain, you can really look like an idiot when this happens. NOT TO MENTION that my bladder is now his trampoline, my kidneys his speed bags, and my ribs his trapeze.
But really ya’ll I love every minute of being pregnant!!!!!
MORE TO COME LATER…. stay tuned 🙂